Hello, my name is Brandon Michael Caulfield. I am a 2010 North Fort Myers High School graduate living in this area my whole life. Throughout my middle school and high school career I have been one of the top cellists in the county. I feel music makes me, "me". As of now, I am a Chemistry major in preparation on my days in Dental School. I hope to attend either Nova South Eastern or the University of Florida for my Graduate schooling. I am the middle child of a younger brother and an older sister, in which my brother lives in Michigan with my father and my sister is currently living in Cape Coral. My mother is the proud owner Cricket's Salon & Spa, which has been voted best salon in North Fort Myers many consecutive years. My current occupation is with Domino's Pizza in Cape Coral and I am going on my third year in June. I get 50% off of you know what I mean :) My hobbies include music, prank calling, shopping, playing just dance on the Wii, Facebook, Omegle, eating pickles, and talking!!
There was this one time last semester in my Chemistry I class that me and the professor got into this heated argument about tabulated my information. Tabulating is just condensing and listing the information (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tabulating). He had told the class that if we did not tabulate he would take five points off of the exam. I was, of course, the only student that stood up and said something. It went along the lines of "Why would we need to tabulate, if in the end, we get the right answer?" He responds with, "So you are saying you don't think you should have to show your work?!" I replied, "THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID! I PLAN ON SHOWING MY WORK, JUST NOT TABULATING!" So we go back and forth for some time now, and by this time I am beyond flustered, so was he. In the end he told me not to tabulate and do not show my work and just put the answer. I come back and say "I AM GOING TO SHOW MY WORK BECAUSE THAT IS HOW I SOLVE IT! HOWEVER I DO NOT HAVE TO TABULATE. I CAN CARRY MY UNITS IN THE EQUATION!" Let's just say this was a pointless never ending argument. I would say his side was correct if you were a beginning chemist, however I believe that ever person has their own way of solving problems. A teacher is there to teach, not dictate how to solve one way.
If you have any questions you want to know about me feel free to ask, I love talking and socializing. It takes a lot to make me feel uncomfortable and I am always looking for the next best conversation. :)
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteYou are well written and funny. I love to talk too, I practiced that love much more when I had the audience and interaction with individual over the age of two (2), these days my vocabulary doesn't exceed that of a toddler. My conversations daily are filled with,
"No, don’t do that.”
“Do you need Mommy to wipe your little, little nose?"
"You did what?”
“O' No NOT that!"
Needless to say, I’m very excited to be back in school and communicating with adults of all ages. I enjoyed your blog. ;-)
Mindy Lou Underwood
i a a musician too i tried playing the violin when i was younger but that didn't last very long. i play flute now though. music is my life as well i can't go a day without it. you sound like an awesome person to hang out with and i look forward to being in class with you :)
ReplyDeleteBrandon,
ReplyDeleteI liked your blog, We have alot in common actually ha i'm one of three children, i looooove eating pickles, i love shopping, i love facebook and i love talking ha crazy what you have in common with people. looking forward to class with you!
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteYou seem like a very insteresting and fun person :) I'm a music person as well and have been playing the guitar for 6 years and piano for almost 9. I enjoyed reading your blog, you sound like a genuine and outgoing person and I cant wait to see you in class! :) Hope your weekend and the monday off treated ya well!